Director of Budget HV-MC-29
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Troy,New York,United States
Application closes: 2022-03-27
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) located in scenic Upstate NY is a multi-campus College with locations in Troy and Malta New York. HVCC offers more than 80 degree and certificate programs in three schools: Business and Liberal Arts; Health Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Hudson Valley is one of 30 community colleges in the State University of New York (SUNY) system and serves nearly 9,000 students each year. The college is a recognized leader in career and transfer preparation, workforce training initiatives, distance learning and service to a diverse population of students. Hudson Valley has an extension center in Malta, NY known as HVCC North and sponsors the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center in Troy, NY. With more than 80,000 alumni and nearly 1,000 employees, the college and is a catalyst for educational opportunity and economic development in the Capital Region of New York State.
Hudson Valley seeks experienced, dynamic, capable, creative and caring individuals who would like to join our team and continue to build on decades of successful service to our community.
Director of Budget
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not support Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Qualifications for Employment
Bachelor of Science degree, five years of progressively responsible experience involving development and administration of budgets or related financial record systems, expertise in software applications for quantitative analysis and fiscal prediction models, and the ability to communicate complicated financial issues to a variety of stakeholders is required. Relevant Master’s degree, significant budgeting experience in an educational and/or Public Sector context, and familiarity with Banner finance applications preferred. Attainment of Master’s degree required within the initial 5 years of employment.
Nature and Scope of Duties
The Director of Budget reports to the Vice President for Administration and CFO and/or designee and performs the following duties:
• Develops and monitors the College’s annual operating budget.
• Establishes budgetary guidelines, reviews departmental budget requests, conducts related hearings/meetings with Administrators and department heads, and performs related budget manual and report development functions.
• Monitors and analyzes performance against the operating budget and competing resource needs.
• Develops and implements tools and reporting used for planning, forecasting, monitoring, and decision support.
• Leads the budgeting process for annual, quarterly, and monthly budget development. Develops budgetary policies and guidelines to meet short and long-term financial goals.
• Coordinates and assists departmental personnel with budget activity, proper expenditures coding, document preparation, and other budget related activities.
• Prepares the College’s fiscal plan incorporating short/long-range enrollment trend data and consequent staffing levels, short/long-range equipment acquisition needs, and other expenditures and revenue projections for final review by the Vice President for Finance and subsequent approval by the College President and Board of Trustees.
• Works with the Office of Institutional Research in order to obtain statistical data for enrollment and its respective faculty load relationship in order to facilitate the timely execution of program expansion and reduction decisions.
• During the academic year, meets with College Leadership and departments to discuss budgetary issues with respect to current year expenditure patterns, projections for future appropriation needs, and short/long-range departmental funding requests to meet current and future departmental objectives.
• Assures preparation of monthly financial statements that analyze cost and revenue trends and other fiscal data, current with previous fiscal years.
• Develops appropriate trend charts and other management information devices for presentations to the President, Board of Trustees, and County legislature, to facilitate understanding of budget expenditure and revenue levels.
• Works with the Vice President for Administration and CFO and the Director of Facilities to construct the financial portion of the College’s five-year capital construction request to prepare and submit appropriate forms and resolutions to the College President, Board of Trustees, SUNY, and County Capital Facilities office.
• Assures accurate and timely filing of the processing of capital construction vouchers to the County of Rensselaer for payment as well as filing and receipt of state aid from the Dormitory Authority and SUNY Capital Facilities with respect to the capital program. Supervises the accounting function relative to this area which includes debt service payment, account reconciliation, account analysis, and maintenance of the ledger, in addition to authorizing requisitions for fund availability.
• Performs such other duties as assigned.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The salary range is $80.000-$90,000.
Hudson Valley offers a competitive benefit package which includes low cost health insurance and a generous leave policy.
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and complete the online application before the close date of March 27, 2022.
Hudson Valley provides educational access to a diverse community of traditional and non-traditional learners in an environment that fosters lifelong learning and freedom of inquiry and expression. Hudson Valley values equity, inclusion, and dignity for all.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer