Vice Chancellor for Budget & Finance
Pay Rate: Salary Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
The Vice Chancellor for Budget and Finance is responsible for the development, coordination and general administration of state system budget and fiscal policies as well as internal agency budget and fiscal operations. Additionally, the Vice Chancellor for Budget and Finance is responsible for providing oversight of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education’s (OSRHE) Information Technology Divisions, OneNet, the Oklahoma College Assistance Program and other related operations and administrations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for state system budget and fiscal policy development, coordination and administration.
- Responsible for OSRHE budget and fiscal policy, procedures and operations.
- Provides administrative and fiscal oversight of the Oklahoma College Assistance Program.
- Provides administrative and fiscal oversight of OneNet.
- Responsible for the oversight and general administration of the OSRHE Fiscal Division and Business Office as well as the Information Technology Division.
- Responsible for coordinating capital planning needs.
- Responsible for administration of OSRHE Endowed Chairs’ program, including investment management.
- Responsible for budget needs and allocation system for state system institutions.
- Serves as liaison between OSRHE and the Oklahoma Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR), funded in part by the OSRHE.
- Responsible for recommending hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or other changes in assigned employee status.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
A master’s degree in accounting, business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of budget and fiscal administration, with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory capacity. Must have excellent verbal, written, and analytical abilities. Demonstrated leadership skills with an ability to work effectively with internal and external constituencies required. Some travel is required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess previous budget and fiscal planning and administration experience in higher education or government.
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Exhibit manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to operate a computer, keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Ability to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids. Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels, with or without aids. Ability to communicate clearly. Physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds, to bend, stoop, climb stairs, walk and reach. Must use the proper manual handling equipment including but not limited to dollies, carts and lift team members. Duties are normally performed in an office environment with a moderate noise level.
The employee performs work under the supervision of the Chancellor.